How To Apply
The Benjamin B. Green-Field Foundation’s mission is to foster improved human services and community support that effectively meet the needs of today’s vulnerable young and elderly. Investments in each of these areas are evaluated against clear goals and measured by results, as well as performance outcomes.
Organizations making grant requests should be located in the City of Chicago or in the Chicagoland area, and should provide support to the residents of the City of Chicago. Only those organizations that support the interests of Benjamin B. Green-Field will be considered.
No special application form is required. Proposals should include:
- A letter with information about both the organization as a whole and the project in particular, specifying the amount requested from the foundation, and providing a justification for the request
- An explanation of the constituency to be served
- A 501(c)(3) tax determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service
- A budget for both the organization as a whole and the project in particular
- A list of the current board of directors
- Any additional materials, such as an annual report, may be attached
Because Benjamin B. Green-Field’s abiding interest in aiding youth and the elderly was so profound, the foundation requires that his name and largesse be, in some way, memorialized in perpetuity within the confines of an organization’s headquarters, during an activity supported by the Foundation, or in some other appropriate fashion. Those organizations applying for grants should include a detailed description of the manner in which this will be accomplished and maintained.
Only one copy of each proposal is required. Organizations submitting completed requests will be notified promptly after the applicable board meeting discussing that organization’s completed request.
Application packages should emailed to Kathy@Greenfieldfoundation.org as well as sending a hard copy by mail to the address below.
Benjamin B. Green-Field Foundation
18313 Greenleaf Ct.
Tinley Park, IL 60487